Friday, March 30, 2012

Magazine About Dallas Thrifting

In doing research for my new shop: Delightful Once Again!  I realized that the Dallas, Tx area really needs a good magazine about thrift and antique stores and flea markets.  So, I decided why not me?  I have a good knowledge of grammar and the English language, and it looks like no one else has written about thrifting. I decided to kill two birds with one stone.  While shopping for great vintage finds for my store, I have also been reviewing thrift stores, antique stores and flea markets.  So here is a sneak peek:
*One thrift store was so old it actually has "ASBESTOS" in the ceiling!  You know the kind, with steel bars in the ceiling, absolutely covered in asbestos.  This store was labeled a rescue, but I am afraid the employees may be the ones needed to be rescued soon!
*One store that I shall not name, was so filthy I was afraid to touch anything! Then, I picked up a dish that looked as if it actually had dried urine on it!  Eek!  Left there pronto!
* Then there was the thrift store that was very clean, but smelled like your grandmother's house with all those moth balls hidden in the closets!  I did find some good stuff, but I have never like the smell of moth balls!
*There is one store that is my favorite, but you will have to read my magazine when it is published!  I will keep you updated on my progress.  I am aiming for first part of June, 2012!
(Sorry I know I use way too many exclamation points.)
* Next are the flea markets.  I just got back from Canton yesterday.  I have never gone on a Thursday before, it was still good, but not like going on a Saturday.
I am going to another antique store tomorrow.  I am really excited, so I hope it lives up to my level of excitement!
Please go to my Facebook, Delightful Once Again, and like my page.  I am giving away a Barnes & Noble gift card.
God bless us all!
Kathy@delightfulonceagain.com

No comments:

Post a Comment