Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Its All Delightful Once Again

Hello Everyone!
As I start writing this first blog, my computer tells me that it is 11:11 am.  I think that is really interesting because for the last few years, I have always looked at my clock when it showed the time 11:11.  I don't really know what that means, but I like to think that the one explanation  is that it means "the Universe is telling me that I am where I need to be right now."  I pray that God is saying, "you go, girl!" I have always wanted to have my own shop.  I have always been drawn to items that I like to term "delightful"!  You know, when you are tired, or having a bad day, and you see that one thing that says to your brain--"ahhh, eye candy! That is so pretty that it makes me happy!"  So, everything I put on my site is something that "delights" me.  Whether it is furniture that I have rescued and given a miracle chic makeover, home decorations, prints, jewelry, etc, you can believe that I have it on my website because it is "delightful". 
Now a little info. about me.  My name is Kathy and I live in Texas.  I am a retired registered nurse.  I had to quit nursing when, after receiving a mandatory Hepatitis B vaccine (that is a whole other blog), it triggered me to have an autoimmune disease called polymyositis. (It means I have pain, stiffness, soreness in all my muscles in my arms and legs and have a stiff-legged gait.)   After many years of consulting doctors, I finally have a great rheumatologist that diagnosed me and put me on the right recipe of medications.  I have good and bad days, but I ALWAYS have a positive attitude.  I know there are people with other diseases that would trade places with me, so I never feel sorry for myself.  
I have a great sense of humor, and I always say, "if I can laugh at it, I can live with it."  My favorite movie is Steel Magnolias, from which my favorite quotes come~~"I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special." --Steel Magnolias
"I promise that my personal tragedy will not interfere with my ability to do good hair." --Steel Magnolias

Well, I better get started putting all my delightful finds on here.  Send me a message if you like.  Please remember~I am a perfectionist and hate to be criticized! ha 
See you next time~ Love, Kathy@delightfulonceagain.com

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging, Kathy! I can't wait to read your future posts!

    ReplyDelete